På de fire siste seriekampene har Bærum SK tatt ni av tolv mulige poeng med seire mot hhv. Asker, Fram og Alta, og et knepent 2-1 tap mot Raufoss sist helg. Bærum ligger i skrivende stund på plassen ovenfor Moss med tre poengs margin.
Vi fikk en god prat med Bærum SKs hovedtrener Luke Torjussen, en liten uke før lagene møtes på Melløs til siste serieomgang før en velfortjent sommerferie.
Hva er status med Bærum SK som klubb pr. juli 2018?
– Right now BSK have many challenges. One of those challenges is that we are in a competitive division where many of the teams have good finances and budgets to spend quite largely. We are still in a position where the budget we have available is extremely low which means we have to be effective with are recruitment. It is difficult to lose quality players each season and try to bring in ones to replace and strengthen the team to compete. As the summer break arrives it will be that this challenge can be the toughest.
Hvilke forventninger har du nå på vegne av Bærum SK til årets sesong?
– There are still two games to go for us that can determine quite a bit on how we look going forward but the goals internally and externally have not changed and a top 5 is still are biggest goal.
Hva har overrasket deg mest etter halvspilt serie?
– I don’t think I have been too surprised by anything as I thought it would be a tight league but I think a couple of the teams that were expected to struggle have started pretty well. Also the fact that everyone can be beaten has shown that even the top teams can be surprised at times.
Hvor mange Bærum SK supportere tror du vil følge laget til Melløs? Hvor viktig opplever du denne støtten?
– I’m not sure too many fans will follow us there but the ones that will join are the loyal, special ones that mean a lot to us. It’s really important to have some following as it is an extra motivation for us. My last experience playing Moss away I was impressed with the attendance which showed me the local people are backing their club. This helped increase the excitement of the game due to the enthusiasm they expressed throughout it.
Du kjenner til Bærum SK og Moss FKs fotballtradisjoner. Hva anser du er lagenes sterkeste sider rent fotballmessig?
– For me Moss is an old club with many traditions. They have won the league, played in Europe and had some good coaches. They come across as a well run, organized club which I like. Bærum has many traditions too like using home grown players and developing some real talent. We have also been known to play attractive football that is pleasing to watch and be part of.
Det er vanskelig å spå spesielt om fremtiden, men hvilke lag ser du for deg utgjøre topp tre ved sesongslutt? Og hvordan ender kampen søndag 15/7?
– Impossible for me to really predict, but I think Raufoss, Fredrikstad and Elverum should be top 3 and will be close to it at the end. I know the game against Moss will be a tough encounter, so I hope it is entertaining and a good win for us 😉
Moss FK ønsker spillere, trenere og supportere fra Bærum SK velkommen til Melløs!